C2C Accommodation

C2C Ireshopeburn - Information

Ireshopeburn

Ireshopeburn is a village in County Durham, in England. It is situated on the south side of Weardale, between St John's Chapel and Wearhead, and on the other side of the Wear from West Blackdene and New Ho. The local pronunciation is "Eye-ssup-burn". In the 2001 census Ireshopeburn had a population of 112. Burnhope Reservoir lies above the village.

Ireshopeburn is the site of the High House Chapel, the oldest purpose-built Methodist Chapel in the world to have held continuous weekly services since its foundation in 1760. John Wesley himself preached at High House on many occasions.

Ireshopeburn is the site of the Weardale Museum.


Tell a Friend About This Website Bookmark and Share